one remote door opener problem

I just bought a used 2002 Odyssey, on one of the remote door locks, just the lock button does not work.. all else is fine. My 1st thought was the button
switch was bad.. and it still may be the problem, but I seem to recall reading that these remotes are programmed - does anyone know if this could be the issue?
I have the Honda Care program, do you think that program would cover the remote? (I doubt it, but maybe someone knows)
sc

sc, I believe that your guess was correct. I believe you have a defective button switch. You should visit the Honda dealership in your town and ask them if they will provide you with a free remote. You should make sure you take the little metal tag that is probably on one of the key rings. It might be needed--I recall that I had to have it in order to have a new key made for my Honda. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO