p0131 oxygen sensor code

The check engine light on my 2000 Honda CRV came on. A local garage (Atlanta, Georgia) read the code p0131 - bad oxygen sensor - and reset the car's computer. The check engine light then blinked on and off,
rather than stay completely on as before. I had them order the oxygen sensor in order to replace the faulty one. On the drive home, the check engine light went off and has stayed off.
Should I still replace the sensor, or wait until I get a check engine light with code p0131?
Mark wrote:

Whatever else you do, get your valves adjusted ASAP. The owner's manual is wrong, and they should be set to the loose side of the specs every 30,000 miles, or you'll fry a valve. First symptom is STALLING during warm-up cycle. Next symptom costs $2,000. It only applies to Gen 1, 1997 - 2001.
'Curly'

It's my understanding that a P0131 is a hard one to diagnose. It can be caused by a slow element, high wiring resistance, or weak element heater.
If you don't mind getting sunburn from the MIL being on, you can ignore this error. As you come up to a smog check though, you will need to get it fixed at least a couple of weeks before the test.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ