Passenger side windshield wiper

I bought new windshield wipers last summer. All was fine but now the passenger side won't touch the window. It's sticks out straight. Does anyone have experience with this?

On 12/16/14, 8:31 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bent wiper arm, broken/detached arm spring, damaged drive shaft?
--
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad
girls live.

*YOU* know what you mean by "sticks out straight", but *I* don't.
Also, what part(s) did you replace?
More detail and description is needed.
--
Tegger

On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:05:14 PM UTC-6, Tegger wrote:

I only replaced the blade. When I say "sticks out straight" I mean the blade doesn't fit the shape of the window. Only half of the blade slides along the curve of the window and the other half is out in the air over the window.

Then you must mean the rubber plus the part the rubber attaches to. This is surely an aftermarket unit.

Is this the style that has articulated segments, or the kind that's one solid piece from end to end?
--
Tegger

On 12/17/2014 9:00 AM, Jim McMullan wrote:

Are you not able to look at the driver side one which does not "stick straight out" and see what it different? Look for something bent, or disconnected, or out of its track.
Since you are not at all mechanically oriented, your best bet is probably to buy a new blade (not just the rubber)

Actually, that is most likely his problem, that he DID buy a "new blade". And that blade was aftermarket and of the usual poor-quality.
The answer is to put back the original blades that came from the factory and replace ONLY the rubbers with new OEM from the dealer.
--
Tegger

you know those two metal pieces you slide into the blade?
Yeah. They're curved. And you installed them with the curve going the wrong way.