Prestone's Extended Life coolant is a big NO-NO for my '98 CRV?

I was always under the assumption that it was fine for Hondas but now I'm reading that it can cause the water pump seals to fail prematurely.
I've had in there since last June when I replaced the timing belt,tensioner
pulley, & water pump and also backflushed the cooling system( I also removed the engine drain bolt). I'm now seriously thinking about replacing it with Honda's coolant on Monday since I don't want to take any chances.
Any ideas on what Honda is asking for their coolant? $8-$10?
Thanks!
10

In Canada, I just paid $15.18 per jug for two gallon jugs. That's $13.74 US at the current exchange rate.
And the stuff's such a pretty blue color...
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote:

Thanks for the replies. It's blue? I don't remember the factory stuff in my '98 CRV being blue. Did they change the formula or something?

Yes.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote:

Well, I swapped out the Prestone coolant today and replaced it with Honda's formula. I didn't know it was a 50/50 premixed solution so I had to buy two gallons of the stuff.....at $13.50/gal ! It must be liquid gold....damn!
Oh well, I will only need to buy one the next time(4-5 years down the road) since I have around 2/3 of a gallon left over.
Blue coolant...kinda unique :)

Don't keep that leftover antifreeze. It will go bad just sitting around for four years. Seriously.

Yeah, nobody else uses blue antifreeze, do they?
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
TeGGeR wrote:

I think Volvo also dyes their's blue. Probably a different formulation though.
John