Re: Frozen car door lock

Start with Lock Ease (liquid graphite) found at Wal Mart and similar stores. Follow the directions on the bottle.

The lock would likely also benefit from a good cleaning. It is a pretty easy DIY job. The dealer should be willing to do it, too.

wrote

Any way to fix a car door lock that gets frozen easily? > My 97 Accord > has had problems with the driver side door lock the last 2 > winters. > Last year, there were days when I had to turn the key > several times to > get the door to unlock. This year seems to be worse. > This morning, > the door wouldn't unlock at all. Had to unlock the > passenger side and > then I could unlock the driver side from the inside. > > Last time I went to the dealer for maintenance, I > mentioned the > problem to them, but they didn't see anything wrong. They > lubed the > locks though, but that obviously isn't the solution. > Something must > be wrong, as the car went thru its first 10 winters > without ever > having this problem.
Reply to
Elle