Re: Frozen car door lock

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@35g2000pry.googlegroups.com:

Any way to fix a car door lock that gets frozen easily? My 97 Accord > has had problems with the driver side door lock the last 2 winters.

Is the weather flap broken and hanging open?

Last year, there were days when I had to turn the key several times to > get the door to unlock. This year seems to be worse. This morning, > the door wouldn't unlock at all. Had to unlock the passenger side and > then I could unlock the driver side from the inside.

It's water that has migrated inside the lock and frozen there. You need to displace the water (don't use WD-40; that stuff reeks).

Here's a quick temporary fix: Get a cigarette lighter. Heat up your key and stick it in the lock. Remove after a few seconds then do it again. The key should now turn.

What country are you in?

Reply to
Tegger

snipped-for-privacy@35g2000pry.googlegroups.com: