Re: Hybrid cars HOV Lanes

What's the -fun- part of driving it? Knowing you're being frugal with gas? Or that it replaced a 20+ yr old car?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

prized in the Lotus and sorely missed in the Nissan 300ZX. Dunno about the current version. I despise automatic transmissions, so I had reservations about the "ECVT" of the Toyota Hybrid System. Boy, was I surprised! The accelerator calls up power with supernatural smoothness and predictability. I hate the way automatics always seem to be in the wrong gear or downshift when I didn't want them to - never an issue with the THS. I drove it once and fell in love.
People are always stereotyping me and ascribing motives according to their preconceptions when they find I not only own a Prius, I love it. I am not a liberal, I am a Reagan Republican. I am also a minor motorhead (I have a brother who is a major motorhead, so I know the difference!) I know what I like, and this is it. Now when I have to drive a conventional vehicle, especially one with an automatic tranny, I wonder, "what is all the 'vroom-clunk, vroom-clunk' about?" The irony is that now my wife has it and I have her Volvo wagon with an automatic... vroom-clunk. :-(
Mike

I guess all they need to work on is the styling! 8-) It sure doesn't compare to a Lotus or Z.
(IMO,Prius is dog-ugly)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Mike

Have you read that article about bettering the Prius fuel economy by adding an additional battery pack,and IIRC,allowing for recharge from home electric power? It was in the news 4-5 months ago.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik