Re: New Honda 'Fit' Question

We got six 8' 2x4's inside with a german shepherd and a passenger too - all with the back hatch closed. Try that in any other car that also get 45 mpg (Canadian!) I replaced a Ranger extend cab. Also , it got 5.7 L/100km driving fron Vancouver to Toronto (two people with a load includiing a ski box) within two weeks of being bought. Plus the provincial government took $1000 of their purchase tax.

Erik wrote: >> Hi all, >> >> Whats the word on the street about the Honda Fit... any big issues or >> gotchas? >> >> I need a reliable car asap, and the Fit fits the pocketbook. I'm >> thinking about the 5 speed. >> >> Also, does anyone know if honda still prints factory shop manuals? I'd >> like to get the dealer to throw in a set if I can pull it off. >> >> Thanks, >> >> Erik > > > A a city car, it seems great. If you do lots of highway driving, the >entry level Civic will ride better and probably even get better gas >mileage on the highway - the Fit has a smaller motor that revs higher on >the freeway. It (the Civic) also has better crash resistance.
Reply to
laurie

79 Honda Civic. I got a full size recliner in the back.

I also got wicked good gas mileage.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

likewise.

i was pissed with honda when they stopped selling hatchbacks here. fortunately, they've started selling the fit, but man, that's /such/ a great vehicle format, to kill it is to seriously misunderstand their customer base.

Reply to
jim beam

if I read you right, I read that they're killing the Fit?

That would be a mistake.

They need to hybridize the Fit...or diesel it! I'm anxious to see the European diesel engines come over here. I'd LOVE to have a 45-50mpg diesel Accord...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I read that as killing the hatchback format, not the Fit.

Reply to
dgk

yes, that's what i meant.

Reply to
jim beam

Thus spake "Elmo P. Shagnasty" :

80 Ford Escort hatchback. Managed to fit a full sized Steel Case desk in one. Fork lift in, eight guys out. Carol had to drive the car because I couldn't sit that close to the pedals and we were just a tad low. Oh yeah, got the desk at a surplus sale by my employer for $35. Still have it 29 years later. Still that same butt ugly green, still has the E-Systems property tag on it.
Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Elmo P. Shagnasty" :

Right now there's a roughly $.50 /gal difference between 87 octane and diesel around here. $2.59 vs $3.09 (erh, that would be exactly 50 cents, wouldn't it)

Reply to
Dillon Pyron