Re: New Honda 'Fit' Question

We got six 8' 2x4's inside with a german shepherd and a passenger too - all with the back hatch closed. Try that in any other car that also get 45 mpg (Canadian!) I replaced a Ranger extend cab.
Also , it got 5.7 L/100km driving fron Vancouver to Toronto (two people with a load includiing a ski box) within two weeks of being bought. Plus the provincial government took $1000 of their purchase tax.

79 Honda Civic. I got a full size recliner in the back.
I also got wicked good gas mileage.
On 03/29/2010 04:43 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

likewise.
i was pissed with honda when they stopped selling hatchbacks here. fortunately, they've started selling the fit, but man, that's /such/ a great vehicle format, to kill it is to seriously misunderstand their customer base.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

if I read you right, I read that they're killing the Fit?
That would be a mistake.
They need to hybridize the Fit...or diesel it! I'm anxious to see the European diesel engines come over here. I'd LOVE to have a 45-50mpg diesel Accord...
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:55:46 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

I read that as killing the hatchback format, not the Fit.
On 03/29/2010 12:51 PM, dgk wrote:

yes, that's what i meant.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Right now there's a roughly $.50 /gal difference between 87 octane and diesel around here. $2.59 vs $3.09 (erh, that would be exactly 50 cents, wouldn't it)
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The more I drink, the less I think. The less I think,

80 Ford Escort hatchback. Managed to fit a full sized Steel Case desk in one. Fork lift in, eight guys out. Carol had to drive the car because I couldn't sit that close to the pedals and we were just a tad low. Oh yeah, got the desk at a surplus sale by my employer for $35. Still have it 29 years later. Still that same butt ugly green, still has the E-Systems property tag on it.