Re: Strange electrical problem -- 2005 Accord

I have a 2005 Accord that's had absolutely no problems until today. >I

> spent an hour or so in a bookstore during a major thunderstorm. > When > I came out to the car and turned the key, nothing happened. After a > few minutes, turning the key lit up a couple of dashboard lights and > resulted in a rapid clicking sound. I figured that some sort of > short > from the storm drained the battery, so I called a friend to come and > give me a jump start. The car started right away. > > On the 20 minute drive home, however, some strange things happened. > First, the check engine light was on the whole way home. Second, > the > radio turned itself on and off several times. Third, every few > minutes the instrument panel would lose power for just a moment, > with > the backlight turning off and the needles falling to 0s and then > immediately coming back. Fourth, the ABS and Battery Check lights > each went on for a few moments a few times. > > None of this makes sense! I'm going to bring it in on Tuesday, but > it > would be nice to have an idea of what I'm dealing with. Any help? > > Thanks!! > > -Ben

There has been some discussion on issues with the main relay in Hondas, but I'm not sure if this has been the case with the newer models. The symptoms you describe seem to be similar in nature to that (or a battery issue). Try Tegger's web page....Good luck.

Reply to
L Alpert