Re: Timing belts

>>of having to remove the head to get the plugs out. Apparently Ford has >>released a TSB on removing the plugs: warm up the engine, loosen the plugs >>about 3/4 turn, apply penetrant and let the engine cool... then, good >>luck. > > I think something must have been left out. If one can loosen the plugs > 3/4 turn, what's the problem? Just take 'em all the way out. Maybe I'm > missing something. > > > > Elliot Richmond > Itinerant astronomy teacher >

I was amiss in calling it "welding in place" when the problem is actually galling, like stainless steel does. According to the guy at work who learned about it a little late, when he removed his plugs even according to the procedure they bound and screeched all the way out. Not a good thing in an aluminum head.

Reply to
Michael Pardee