timing belts...

All the dicussion on timing belts has made me wonder... On a 2.8 litre V-6 what is the interval for changing belts? What sort of cost is involved?

rookie vw owner

Reply to
Tom

VW says 105,000miles but some early Passats, like my 99 has a sticker by the hood latch stating 75,000miles. When you do it... replace the waterpump and tension rollers too.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Doesn't this engine have a chain?

SFC

"Woodchuck" schreef in bericht news:40ebcc53$0$249$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.city-net.com...

Reply to
SFC

V6 & 1.8T Passats were t-belt, while older generation( Doesn't this engine have a chain?

Reply to
Woodchuck