Salvage 1995 Civic DX

Hi all. My first post here...looking for some advise. My brother-in-law's friend buys salvage cars to fix and flip. Anyway, he has a 1995 Civic DX, white, no frills except A/C, with 60k miles on it.
5 speed manual tranny. I checked Edmunds and private party value is $3329. Read numerous posts about "salvage" titled cars, and many say "salvage" cuts vehicle value in half; bring the value down to $1665. He's asking $3500, so I figure he way off the mark. Can anyone confirm or refute my thinking here? Thanks in advance.