Started up engine, horns/panic triggered (Odyssey '06)

Last night I got into my van, forgot something, went to open door, which somehow had locked, and the whole panic mode went off for like 3 minutes (this happened around 11:15 pm of course, waking whole neighborhood). I could
NOT get the horns to stop. I now have a small red circle flashing just below the seat belt icon, flashing constantly. How can I disengage horns until I can get to dealership to see what's going on. None of my doors are open and none of my doors are now locked. I'm afraid to go out and start it up, as it's Sunday morning, but I need to pick up my kids! Help! My email is jeannineporod (at) sbcglobal (dot) net, as I have truoble getting onto internet to check this website. THANKS!
JPorod wrote:

You don't have to go to the dealership . . . . Your Ody is supposed to re-lock itself if you unlock it and just walk away without getting in. It prevents all kinds of risks.
The flashing light is probably just the 'MEMORY' light, warning you that you've had an alarm since you last locked it. You'll need to read the Owner's Manual, which is probably in the glove box. Use the fob to be sure it's locked, then unlock it with the fob.
The bathroom is a good place to keep the owner's manual for the first month or so. Everybody will get a chance to read it. Alarm owners need to be SURE they know how the system works. You don't want to annoy your neighbors, especially if they are prone to vandalism.
'Curly'
JPorod wrote:

After re-reading your post (and the subject line) I think I was hasty about the 're-locking' part, since it probably shouldn't do that if you've started it. (although is would sure reduce the number of thefts in the winter). The owner's manual would be the final authority on this question.
Maybe there's a problem with the way your keychain is mounted to your fob (pushing PANIC button). There's some stuff about that in the manual too.
I know yours is newer, but you may find some interesting reading here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/odyssey/x01-067e.pdf
'Curly'
bearman wrote:

Actually it wasn't the panic button, and pushing any button did NOTHING> It was my sensors in my door. I got into my car SUnday am to open hood to see if I could somehow disconnect the horn. In opening the hood, I triggered that 3 minute siren again. I drove and found a MIDAS shop open with some guys who looked like they knew cars. They took my keys, stuck them in the door and manually unlocked the door, releasing the sensor. WHen you stick the keys into the key slot, it deactivates the current sensor mode. I was so happy. I'm all fine now,. Thanks for writing.

And this behavior is CLEARLY outlined in the owner's manual they gave you for your shiny new $30,000 toy.
And you haven't read it, or even opened it.