405 horns

Both horns on my 1995 diesel Pug have now failed, one about 6 months ago the other this week. Is it likely to be the horns themselves at fault or some other cause? I an told the horns are on the sanm fuse as the cigar lighter and that's still working. Also, where are the horns? The book for my original petrol 405 says they are "under the front bumper" but I can't see them! Does the bumper have to come off?

It's MOT is due this month so there is a certain urgency...... :-)

Bob

Reply to
Beep-beep

They get filled with muck. You'll find them behind the inner wing plastic liner below the headlights. One on each side. There's lots of small fasteners holding the liners in so it's a bit of hassle getting in there.

Reply to
yeha

although you could reroute and extend the wiring and refit new ones under the bonnet

Reply to
Mindwipe