Trick for CR-V Spare Tire Cover

I figured out a great trick for the hard-shell spare tire cover and suspect it's an issue too for the soft cover. I put a dab of paint...any color since
you can't see it unless you look...on the back of the tire cover and another aligned directly across from it on the windshield wiper (2005 model). This allows you to adjust the cover easily so that the word HONDA aligns straight across the back of the vehicle. Of course you need to be sure you have it exact before applying the paint. But after doing so, it's now very very easy to realign it instead of having HONDA appear in some diagonal misalignment.

Why would you want to do that? Can't you tell by just looking at the cover that it is straight or crooked?
No youi cannot. Because it's a fine adjustment and you have to be on top of the cover to do it. Meaning that you can't see what you are adjusting. Try it and you'll see what I mean. And even a few degrees off makes the vehicle look out-of-kilter from behind.

I agree I see alot of the covers on the spare crooked.
Tom

"D.D. Pallmer" wrote:

You might be way further ahead to install a fix that would stop the cover from 'creeping'. It's been discussed at hondasuv.com. Sign in and use the SEARCH function. Best way seems to be gluing some rubber bumpers inside the top of the shell so it won't migrate clockwise on every bump.
'Curly'