03 sonata headlight

Today I noticed my headlight on the passenger side is out. I want to replace both at the same time (only logical) is this going to be VERY hard? Any
recommendations on what brand of light to buy?
sonata32 wrote:

I don't think that is logical. The standard deviation of bulb life is generally very high. I've had one headlight outlast two on the other side. Buying a second bulb to have as a spare is logical, but replacing a bulb that isn't blown isn't logical in a non-critical application like headlights where you have a backup.
Matt

Depends on the age and type of the bulb. They do lose some of the brightness over time. An '03 is probably hardly noticeable though.
It does make sense to replace the bulbs inside of the same housing if you have to remove it to replace one. Some are a real PITA to get off so once you do, spend the extra $3 and be done with it.
I suggest that you get the Sylvania Xtravision bulbs, they are a little brighter than the standard ones and are only about $2 more. If you do decide to get them, you'll need to replace both sides as you'll be able to tell the difference between the two. Stay away from the Silverstar ones. I've heard that these typically fail with a year of use.
Nick

WOW! I tried to get to the head light on the passenger side and it is a real PITA!! the washer fluid hose and the ac hose (I think) is in the way. I seen a round disk that says turn left to open. I was able to do that but that's it. I got weary and screwed back this disk and the light came back on. But when I started driving it went out again. Pulled over and tried to tighten that disk but nothing. I closed the hood after giving up and the light came on again. Today the light is out. So I assume a loose connection. I wish I can get a manual on how to access the wire harness that the lamp is attach too. I hope the driver side has more room
Jeff

If the car's got less than 60k, there's an even easier solution. Take it to the dealer. The headlamp bulb is covered for 5 years/60k miles.
Its NOT a bad connection...thats the way these halogen headlights fail. My first failure was out and came back on when I closed (slammed) the hood. DO NOT start chasing down a wiring problem until you try a new bulb, chances are pretty good its just the bulb. Sorry I can't help on the how, I own a XG350 not a Sonata.