07 Santa Fe Limited Oil Aluminum V6 oil filter Location

I was going to change the oil and filter this morning and to my surprise I could not locate the filter without taking plastic covers off etc. I have
the new aluminum block V6 that comes with the limited. Anybody know where they hid this thing. The manual recommends that the dealer do oil and filter changes. Thnks Peter

You take the shroud off the top and the filter is in a canister under it. The instructions are on the www.hmaservice.com web page, along with a diagram. You must register, but it is free. You also have to get the free Adobe picture SVG viewer. They have a link under "Site Requirements". I assume you bought the filter from the dealer as I've not found an aftermarket filter yet. I bought two and it came to $18 and change with tax.
Thanks for the info.....I was under the impression that the same filters from to 4cyl and small v6 would work here which is now obviously incorrect since it requires a cartridge type filter. I also searched the Autozone site and they have a special order filter made by Fram CH9999 for $10.99 ea. Sounds like the dealer filter is a better deal. Thanks again Peter

have