1991 hyundai scoupe ~92K miles... continued

It turns out the car has more problems than I initially imagined.
the mechanic says it need new water pump for the cooling systems and timing belts, seals, hoeses etc etc. there were so many things that
needed fixing....
the estimate was around 800 USD.
car runs ok without the repairs. I was thinking abou tgettign rid of this car and thats where my question is.
if the car has problems with over heating, and non working speedometer, but otheriwse good shape in terms of the engine, what should I sell the car for?
the KBB says its around 1200 USD.
thanks all in advance for any insights.
YIKES! the repairs are almost as much as the car is for.
If you can afford it, I would go get me a new Elantra or Sonata! Great deals at your dealers right now... if they gave you $800 for it, you would be lucky, but you might be able to dump it off on them and use it as a down payment!
You can get a nice loaded Elantra GLS for around $12-$13K.
ElantraStan http://www.stanarseneaux.com/elantra /
snipped-for-privacy@hirise.com

http://www.autoforumz.com/Hyundai-1991-scoupe-92K-miles-continued-ftopict109682.html