2000 Tiburon Problem

Problem: The RPMs seem to be higher than normal and it fluctuates from just over to 1000 from initial start up and then it fluctuates to just about 200 RPMs when warmed up. Then when I drove the car and the
darn thing shuts off on me. Its idling too high.... Could this be a transmission problem or Vacuum problem. I would like to have some type of Idea what is wrong with it just incase the dealership tells me something else thats gonna cost me alot of money.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Cruz
1. If your check engine lamp is on, check that first. 2. Check anything attached to your throttle body for proper operation and adjustment, especially the cable and throttle position sensor. 3. Check your pcv hose for an air leak.
"hyundaitech2" wrote: > 1. If your check engine lamp is on, check that first. > 2. Check anything attached to your throttle body for proper > operation and > adjustment, especially the cable and throttle position sensor. > 3. Check your pcv hose for an air leak.
Thanks bro, The check engine light isnt lit but I will check for air leaks and throttle....
"el_demonio" wrote: > Problem: The RPM's seem to be higher than normal and it > fluctuates from just over to 1000 from initial start up and > then it fluctuates to just about 200 RPMs when warmed up. Then > when I drove the car and the darn thing shuts off on me. Its > idling too high.... Could this be a transmission problem or > Vacuum problem. I would like to have some type of Idea what is > wrong with it just incase the dealership tells me something > else thats gonna cost me alot of money. > > Any help is appreciated. > > Thanks > Cruz
Drove the car again and its acting normal.... This is wierd! Could it be a sensor acting up?
el_demonio wrote:

Had the same symptoms on my '97 Tiburon shortly after I purchased it. I took it to the dealer and they said the Throttle Position Sensor was "out of range". This fixed it for a while and then the problem returned. I took it back to the dealer again and they replaced the TPS. To this date I have not had the problem return (249,920 miles).