2005 elanra 4 cyl

Is subject car a interference engine. Is timing belt rubber or chain? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

I believe it is a interference engine, I know it has a timing belt.
Rob

Yes, this IS an interference engine with a timing belt.
For some reason, I want to add the word, "sorry."
Tom Wenndt

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:

It's an interference engine with a rubber belt. The warranty requires the belt to be changed at 60K miles.
Thank you all for kind answers. Seamus J.

Where I live, replacing a timing belt on an Elantra is not that expensive ($250 Canadian, including taxes).
Lf3ag.427$sP1.312@fed1read07...

you must be in Montreal.

Ottawa area.
%Kkag.7803$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...