is a dodge 2.4 engine a non-interference

i had my timming belt break at 80,000 miles on the freeway without engine damage, i was wondering if a 2005 dodge 2.4 is a no-interference engine.

Reply to
tom

From the bit that I've seen in a two-minute research there both interference and non-interference in that displacement -- depends on the year and car model and turbo. I'd guess that if you had a break at freeway speed and _didn't_ bend at least one valve stem then your particular engine is non-interference (or you have some really good karma).

Reply to
John McGaw

The 2.0 liter neon was an interference engine that only experienced damage if running at high speeds when it failed. The 2.4 PT is the same - the pistons wont hit the valves, but on occaision the valves can hit eachother, doing damage. The later "WGE" or world engine was chain drive - as is it'd derivative, the TigerShark.

Reply to
clare