2005 XG350 question

Went to buy 2006 Sonata but impressed with 2005 XG350. Bothered by reports of problems with its confused automatic transmission and roadhandling Need more user comments, please
Thank you. Kris
Test drive the XG if you haven't already. Make it a significant one so you can determine whether you like or dislike the vehicle's handling. The 5 speed auto in the '06 Sonata is almost the same as the one in the XG. And the 4 Speed auto in the Sonata is similar.
I had a Sonata (2002 V6) and about a year ago traded it for a 2004 XG350. I've never had any problems with either vehicle. I really liked the Sonata (until a crazy on the NJ Turnpike rear-ended me). The XG350 has a lot more features, and is a much heavier car than the old Sonata (not sure how it compares to the new Sonata). Frankly, I enjoyed the handling of the Sonata better than the XG350. Never had transmission problems with either. You should be able to deal on the XG350 since this is the end of the line for it - I would think you should be able to get one for $18k (mine was $18.2k last summer). Bottom line - like the other poster said - thoroughly test drive them both.

Thank you for the informative replies. Took several test drives and purchased a 2005 XG350. Greatly impressed with appointments, quality and ride. Hyundai making for tough times in Detroit Best, Jim Wilson