2006 Elantra Air Cleaner Cover Question (Hyundaitech?)

I have a 2006 Elantra GLS. I recently took the car into the dealer for a Engine Check light diagnosis (not caused by the gas cap!). The problem was Code P0172 - fuel system rich. In following the diagnosis
tree, the tech removed the air cleaner cover, but did so without first removing the shroud that goes around the air cleaner, and around the battery. He therefore scratched up the air cleaner housing rather badly on the shroud flange that mounts to the top of the air cleaner cover by trying to short-cut the removal.
The dealer was good enough to order a new air cleaner cover Part number 28112D270, but interestingly, the replacement (same part number) is not the same as the original! If you look inside the original cover there is an "air horn" of sorts projecting inside the cover connected to the opening or hole of the cover which leads to the intake. The replacement does not have this air horn extension inside the cover.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? In looking at the Hyundai parts website, it does not show this extension as available separately. It doesn't appear the air horn extension comes off easily either to place it on the replacement air cleaner cover.
There must be a reason for this air horn extension inside the air cleaner cover. BTW . . . the tech never found a problem that could have triggered the fault code.
Thanks, Don
Got me. I worked on a 2002 today and it definitely had the air horn, but had a different part number (28111-2D000). Looking in the catalog, however, the choices for 2006 are a 2D250 and a 2D270. It's appears that the 2D250 is for California emissions. If you can, compare the part numbers inside each.
For the P0172 on such a new car, I'd primarily suspect a stuck open purge control valve. That would allow excessive fuel vapors into the engine and perhaps trigger a "too rich" code. But that's still on the wild guess side of things.