air cleaner help

I'm trying to find out what air cleaner I have. I was told it is off a Chevy

2.8L V6, but all the cars I have been told to look at have round air cleaners. Mine is roundED but is not a circle; kind of a rectangle but rounded off. My problem is that it will eventually need a new air filter but for the life of me I cannot find what god damn engine to look at for it. All searches of THAT on the K&N site have again yielded totally round air filters. My air cleaner fits atop a Rochester 2se carb, with a rectangular base. It has a cut/modified air horn (egr/smog BS pulled) and I was told it's a GM air cleaner.

If you're wondering why all the confusion, call me sacreligious (as a Mopar guy), but I have this Rochester running on my Slant 6'ed 67 Valiant. The guy I bought the setup wouldn't (or couldn't) tell me what car he got the carb off of.

Reply to
Anthony Giampa

Have you tried AC/Delco p/n A735C ? Check picture available at

fits a 1982 Olds Omega 2.8 (among other early 80s X-bodys Iassume)

--reed

Reply to
Reed

You know I might have found it. I looked for pictures of the Varajet 2Se, to make sure that I'm even looking at the right dang carb. Found pics to confirm, yea, it does look right and it DOES have a rectangular base. All the other Rochester 2 barrel carbs I was seeing were round-based. But I also saw stuff about a E2SE carb. I did a google search and ended up clicking on a site called bbb-carb.com, and a page for Oldsmobile Carburetors. I went to K&N's site and tried 82 Omega with a 2.8, and it finally came up an oval air cleaner. I'll report back and letcha know if it's the right one..... man... whew.

Reply to
Anthony Giampa

Well, have you thought about taking the filter into your local Auto Zone or Pep Boys and matching it up with a new one?

Reply to
Chuck

Yea, but I currently do not have the car... =)

Reply to
Anthony Giampa