2006 LX seats

I bought a 2006 LX, which has leather seats. I found them uncomfortable from day 1 after 15-20 minutes of driving. I tried every adjustmet possible but it just doesn't get much better. My complaint is a
achiness in my back thighs.
I was on a business trip and was offered a sonata to rent. I figured what the heck. It was a 2006 GX V6 with cloth seaths. I found these to be more comfortable (more in line with my previous car), and did not suffer from the aches.
I know the LX is supposed to have "better" seats, but this is one area that is subjective and depends on individual body contour. But will the lx seats "break in" (the rental had 9k miles), or will I be facing this forever?
Are the cushions of the LX and GX the same? or is it the wrapping that is making the LX seats appear harder?
Thanks
I can't comment on the lx vs. other models, but I agree the LX seats are lacking. Its a shame for a car so otherwise competent. The cushiion is too short, and the adjustment is too limited for a person my size-6'1", 250 lbs. I have found that I have "gotten used to it" though. I like the car a lot, but my volvo seats(exquisite) and buick seats (yes buick) seats are much better IMO

Darby OGill wrote:

Both my Chrysler minivan and Chevy pickup (yes, that isn't a typo, my 1994 Chevy Silverado K1500) have better seats than the 06 Sonata. I don't find the Sonata seats all that bad, but they aren't as comfortable after an hour as either of my other vehicles.
Matt
I drive a 2002 XG-350-L and my wife drives a 2002 Camry LE. They both have leather seats.
There is no comparison in the comfort between the two. Her Camry wins hands down. I don't think Hyuandai has figured out the human anatomy.
Otherwise, I still like the car. It's just not as comfortable on a long trip.
unbolted the seat front and rear, put 3 washers under the front part of the seat and re-bolted it down. new angle is better!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hyundai tends to use pretty thick leather on their seats. The downside is that they do take time to break in, but the upside is that they should be very durable.
On 28 Feb 2006 08:46:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

My experience was just the opposite. I was going to buy the GLS but found the cloth uncomfortable, decided to test drive the LX and found that the leather fit me better. I have an hour commute each way to work and have been comfortable.
My wife and I came very close to buying a 2006 Sonata GLS in December, but ended up buying a 2006 Elantra GLS instead. Several factors impacted this decision including the desire to pay cash rather than financing and also the seat comfort. The front seats in the Elantra are far more comfortable, and adjustable, than on the Sonata GLS or LX. I always felt that I was sloping forward and down in the Sonata seat, and just couldn't find a comforatable position. We're still in the market for a Sonata, perhaps later in the year, but hopefully they will rectify the seat and seat adjustments.
I have no problem with the LX leather seat but my wife is uncomfortable in the psgr side. No thigh support. I also have a 2003 elantra with cloth and she likes those seats fine. Am going to loosen psgr seat bolts, insert about 3/8 inch washers on the front side which will change the pitch of the psgr seat and should help the situation. will let youknow how it turns out!
On 28 Feb 2006 08:46:53 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

We have a 2005 Sonata GLS (cloth) and a 2005 XG-350L (Leather). The Sonata is, indeed, softer, as the leather seats are firmer and have no give. I first noticed this when we had a 2000 Sonata GLS and roade in a friend's Kia Optima SE with leather seats. The Optima seats were too firm to be pleasant to sit in - as compared with the cloth seats of the 2000 Sonata.