2006 Sonata 4Cyl Cabin Air Filter Maintenance

Am I reading the maintenance schedule correctly? I interpret the scheduled maintenance to be 12 months or 10K miles , whichever comes first? Seems relatively frequent to replace an air conditioner filter. Also, it is quite expensive. Another opinion would be welcome. Thanks

Reply to
bop

Just use the smell test, mine make it to near 3 years. It started smelling bad when the fan was turned on, for about the first

5 minutes, that's the clue.
Reply to
Victor A. Garcia

Yes, but if something goes wrong with the air compressor, etc. and the filter is dirty, and no record of the required maintenance, the warranty would most likely be voided due to my negligence. I guess I was asking if I was reading the maintenace schedule correctly: 12 months or 10k, whichever comes first--replace the air cabin filter.? Thanks

Reply to
bop

Where can I buy a replacement Cabin Air Filter for 2005 Sonata V6 ??

The instructions for replacing it, as shown on the 'online' manual make it look like a fairly easy job.

-Ogato

Reply to
Sonata driver

Try Here

KW

Reply to
KW

If you want to save some money and still get good air filtering, buy a

12x20x1" pleated air filter on cardboard frame for $3.00 from Home DePot , and cut it down to size. Worked well for me.

____________________________________________ Featured Best Seller Book : "I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist" (a fair appraisal of what Atheists DO believe in for their worldview). Address:

Dave in Lake Villa

Dave, your idea has merit and I may do just that at a later time.

But I looked into the "existing filter" and found there is none in place !! I bought the car new, 20 months ago, and it now has 12,000 miles. So I guess I'll buy one filter and a year from now use it as a model to 'make my own'.

Locally, AUTOZ> If you want to save some money and still get good air filtering, buy a

Reply to
Sonata driver

'But I looked into the "existing filter" and found there is none in place !! I bought the car new, 20 months ago, and it now has 12,000 miles. So I guess I'll buy one filter and a year from now use it as a model to 'make my own'.'

REPLY: Ogato, When i bought my mom her 2004 SantaFe , there was no air filter in her filter compartment either ; just an empty slot where the filter would slide into. But, there was a filter in my 2002 SantaFe . Oh well....

____________________________________________ Featured Best Seller Book : "I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist" (a fair appraisal of what Atheists DO believe in for their worldview). Address:

Dave in Lake Villa

My question/comment at this time is: Why am I required to replace regularly a "non-existent" filter ??

-Ogato

Reply to
Sonata driver