Cabin air filter

I have a 2000 Avalon XL with the manual air conditioning. Does this car have a cabin air filter? If so, where is it located--behind the glove compartment?

Thanks,

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

Maybe - in our 02, I can see the filter cover over the lip of the glove box with help of a flashlight. (But I can't get it out w/o removing the glove box)

Ours is a much lighter color (the cover) than the fan/heater housing

Ron

Reply to
ron

YES

Reply to
Liberals are the parasites of

Thanks! I peeked in there with a flashlight, and think I can see it.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

on my 2002 Camry LE V6, there is a screw on the right of the glove box that takes of the bracket. Once the bracket is off, there are 2 clips on the sides of the glove box. I just squeeze those, and the box flips over. Looking straight in, you will see a white/grey tray cover. Slowly pull that cover straight out and that will house the filter.

The Avalon steps may vary.

Reply to
Car Guy

Thanks for this and other hints. I actually downloaded the service instruction, so I see how to do it now. Haven't tried it yet, but feel confident I can do it myself.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen