Re: Cabin Air Filter

Does anyone have any information on how to change the cabin air filter on a

> 1999 Explorer. The dealer wants $45 to do the job. > >
Reply to
Sonny

Ford Quality Care seems to think the Cabin Air Filter is a regular maintenance item ;-)

Reply to
Robert A. Matern

Okay, I'll bite. Original poster said they would do it for $45.00 that must be a 1/2 hour min. chg. Must be easy to do, so where is the filter located? Again I say there is no Cabin air filter on the 99 Explorer or any other year. I think it is just another dealer ripping off the public.

Reply to
Sonny

It is my understanding that it was a dealer installed option. I would ask the dealer to see if my vehicle had it before I told him to change it. Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

This Popular Mechanics article doesn't list Ford Explores as having one, but don't know how comprehensive a list this is.

This link says states that some '94 Explorer Sports had them, but that Ford doesn't carry a part number for one for the '99 EB
Can't find and listed for 1999 Explorer's at Fram's web site
Wix either?
or Purolator
This outfit doesn't show any at all for Explorer, but that doesn't mean they didn't come with them
This says Ford has a kit to install one, at least for F150's

So my guess, your '99 doesn't have one, but a trip to the Ford part counter would tell you whether they stock one for it, and if they don't list that part, it wasn't available as stock on that vehicle. If you want one, you could ask the counterman if they sell a kit to add one to your Explorer.

Oops, one more reference. This link from Ford states that to find out if your vehicle has one, look in the owner's manual

And WOW, there's a link that let's you look at owner's manuals online!!

I took a quick look at the index for the 1999 Explorer and didn't see Cabin Air Filter listed

Reply to
me