99 accent clutch

hey Hyuntech,
when i go into canadian tire ths week to get my clutch replaced, are there any things I should make sure they do? Do I have to have flywheel resurfaced?

I would not take any car I valued to Canadian Tire. I've never had a good experience with them and have heard many stories from the guys at work as to why they won't ever take their car there again. They're good for parts and that's about it. Never seen the investigations about their shoddy work and billing practices on W5? Take it to a Hyundai shop. JMHO
Steve

ive never had a problem yet with canadian tire, the dealers want way to much to do a clutch

hey i might heed your warning, do u have any links on that??

I've had both very good and very ugly experiences at Canadian Tire. I think a lot of quality variation depends on individual management, the knowledge and style of particular service advisors, and, of course, on the strengths/weaknesses of the particular crew itself.
I call upon an independent mechanic now, mainly because there's more to be had from a maintaining a long-term relationship with a real person than a faceless corporation. But I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a better mechanic than any or every CTC counterpart. He's just got way more power to use his own discretion, to make his own decisions, and way more to gain by treating customers like real people.
Lest we forget, car repair is a "service" business, not a merely a technical exercise.
*** rib
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:13:03 +0000, Snoopy wrote:

Ideally, you'll want the disc, pressure plate, and throwout bearing replaced.
I'd have the flywheel resurfaced only if there's abnormal wear. Some people disagree with me on this point, but I don't like resurfacing anything unless I can find significant reason to do so.
thx guy, all the above mentioned comes in the dynapack kit... but looks like we'll have to post pone clutch again for another 3 weeks... Also it seems to only slip when accelerating hard other wise it drives fine.. food or clutch what would you pick? =) good thing we live in small town, not far to drive to his work...