99 Elantra drum shoe noise

Hello,

I replaced the rear shoes on my sister's 99 Elantra and noticed the squeaking noise coming from the back after a few weeks. I re-opened and cleaned the drum and parts with brake cleaner but the noise is still persisting. I was reading that I can place some anti seize on the rear of the shoe where it meets the back of the hub that might fix the problem but was wondering if this is being caused by the material on the Hyundai OEM pads? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick

Not being able to hear the noise, it's hard to say whether the cause is from the friction material or from the shoe backing plates rubbing on the rear brake plate.

If you apply the anti-seize, put it on the three "pad" areas where each shoe touches the backing plate. Be careful to not get any anti-seize on the friction material or on the braking surface of the drum.

Reply to
hyundaitech