99 Elantra window

Hello everyone,

My sister's 99 Elantra driver's side window has a problem going up and down. Upon removing the trim and getting the regulator out, it seems that the metal wire is all mangled up in the pulley. I was able to get the motor off and that is still working. My problem is getting the wire off of the rail. Do you have to have someone holding the glass while you loosen the two screws on the bottom of the glass which is riding on the rail or do you have to do something else to get it off? Can I order just the wire and pulley or do I have to get a motor as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick

A new regulator assembly comes with the rail and the sliding block as well as the wire, cable and pulley in an assembly.

The motor is seperate and can easily be removed from the old assembly by taking off the bolts holding it in place.

When mine went bad I took the cable and tied the window up with it by putting it under one of the bolts until I had a chance to get to the dealer for a new assembly.

It was relatively easy to take the old one out and reinstall the new regulator.

The Hyundai service website has instructions for this procedure if I remember correctly.

Good luck,

Edd

-=-=- ... Graduate, Yoda school of English, I am.

Reply to
Edd

Hi Edd,

Thanks for the info. After I posted the question I started looking around for what the assembly looks like on ebay and figured that it probably is best to order a new one than to try to fix the existing one. I think pulling everything off the door takes more time than replacing the part.

Thanks again!

Nick

Reply to
Nick