any one here have opinion on sonata elite

about to order one in 2 weeks would appreciate opinions please

Holy CRAP ! ! ! They put the steering wheel on the wrong side!!!!
The Elite seems to be the AU equivalent of the US Limited model. If it is the same mechanically, it is a great car to drive. There is a good review at http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2689/article.html
I've had mine just a few weeks shy of 6 months and 10,600 miles. It has been flawless, the engine (3.3) is very smooth and quiet, the car handles well on the highway. Fit of the body parts is perfect. Interior trim is nice, but not quite as nice as cars that cost considerably more. The reason I say that, to get the same mechanical features on a Buick, I'd have to spend at least $5000US more than the Sonata, but some of the interior trim on the Buick is a tad nicer.
Based on my experience so far, I'd buy it again.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

<grin> Correct Side old chap, the Correct side :) Maybe it is theCorriolis effect down here ? :)

Much Obliged thanks for the response I had an early Sonata in 88 89 and it did over 700,000 Km on the same engine apart from Timing Belts had to spend littte on it . Buta have been in Mistubishi s Toyota Camry's and Holdens because of fuel and other considerations and dollares the Hyundai appears to give a great deal of car for the dollars spent although they take a flogging on the second hand market so thats why we drive them to death . average about 1500 Km a week out here