Omega Elite

The timing belt on my father in law's 3.0 V6 Omega Elite was due to be changed in 2000 miles time. Unfortunately it just decided to let go...

Wonder how many local scrappys have Vauxhall 3.0 V6's in?

Reply to
Abo

Don't know the details but there used to be a couple of Used VX spares places in Warrington. Might be worth a Google.

Reply to
Elder

May or may not be of any use, but try Carquip UK. They're based in Downham Market in Norfolk (which I guess would qualify as the arse end of nowhere), but have a very well organised stock and advertise in all of the regional Yellow Pages. I've used them for the odd Vauxhall bit and piece a couple of times, but they were particularly useful when injector pipe no. 1 on my 2.3D Carlton decided to split. Any local breakers that did have one of those engines (also found in the Bedford CF van) only wanted to sell the whole engine, but a quick call to carquip, and a minute or two on hold to confirm they definitely had a no.1 injector pipe in stock, sorted it out easily and cheaply - around £8 incl. postage, there the next day, and 2 minutes to fit.

Now obviously carriage isn't going to be as cheap on a cylinder head, but from my experience of how organised they are I'd hazard a guess that if they've got one, they'll know exactly the age + mileage of the car it came off, and probably be fairly reasonably priced too.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Shit. That's a scrapper then.

Probably lots. All with dead engines as a result of the above failure mode.

Bad luck mate.

JB

Reply to
JB

try

or vauxsport,

believe someone selling a cheap 3l v6 cally for spares :)

Reply to
Rob

Calibra's were 2.5's....

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Only the ones that Vauxhall made...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Very true. I didn't think anyone would have bothered their arse to fit a

3.0, seeing as the 2.5's tend to be the weapon[1] of choice. [1] Not that a Vauxhall V6 anything tends to be a weapon, that is.
Reply to
Sandy Nuts

In fairness, the links /were/ Vauxhall tuning/modifying sites...

Which is the perfect reason to fit a V6 - an instant extra 40bhp with no real weight gain...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Haha :) Did it do it proper, like?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Pierced the skin in several places, naturally I moved away with cat still attached.

Reply to
DervMan

Aww bless. I bet 10 minutes later you were doting over him/her/it again :))

Reply to
Sandy Nuts