any one have this problem?

94 eb loaded 125000 miles.........my wife and i took a sunday drive today......while coming home and going up a hill the motor quit, acted like it was out of gas......i sat for about 15 minutes tried to start it up.......ran great for about 200 yards and did the same thing all over again.....got in into a rest area.......sat for about 15 minutes again......started it and drove about 2 miles.....did the same thing......only this time i waited 5 minutes and started it......this time it ran fine all the way home. ............bad gas?.......fuel filter clog?.........any ideas?
Reply to
THE BIG GUY

Check for codes - when was the last 'tune up' - last time the fuel filter was changed - any recent mods or accessory installs - any other running indications - any recent repairs...... we can toss about 2 or 3 thousand dollars worth of opinions at you but you'll be further ahead with a starting point such as CMDTCs stored in memory.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Years ago, I had an Isuzu Trooper that acted exactly the way you describe; new fuel filter fixed the problem. If it stops again, have someone else crank the engine while you "carefully" sniff the exhaust. If you don't smell raw gas, then replacing the fuel filter is a cheap place to start.

Mike

Reply to
Tiger

no codes shown.......ok, wheres the fuel filter on this thing?

Reply to
THE BIG GUY

Under the passenger side frame. I just replaced one at 220,000 miles, and there wasn't much dirt that did come out when I backflushed it. The fuel filter is pretty huge also. I'd guess elsewhere...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Scrutton