Anyone replaced their Valve Cover Gasket on 2002-2005 Sonata by themselves?

I know I posted this a few weeks back as having "seals" issue but it was Valve Cover Gasket. Being at 139K, I am getting the occasional smoke from under the hood from oil leaking on something hot
(manifold/heat shield?) and causing light smoke from under the hood.
My mechanic who fixed my leaky oil pressure switch looked at my gasket where it was leaking and said it was not that bad *yet* and I could get away with it until next spring/summer. He did mention about potential damage to the alternator and I was able to see some grime on it but not too bad.
He told me what I'd have to remove in order to get at the gasket to remove it and it didn't look that bad. Cowl, some plugs wires, a hose, etc. Some instruction on eHow (http://www.ehow.com/how_4507832_replace-valve-cover-gasket-hyundai.html ) make it sound fairly simple save for the torque wrench part, which I don't have. I remember checking out hmaservice.com for instructions and torque info but I wasn't able to find anything specific on removal or proper screw torque. Any of you guys know this torque info?
- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]
Torque values for this are typically in the "general" section of the engine repair section. I'd estimate about 8 ft-lb. Realistically, I tighten these by hand with a 1/4 inch ratchet.
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 3:29:43 PM UTC-4, Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] wrote:

Any of the older guys here probably remember doing that job on a 50's or 60's engine. About 15 minutes start to finish with nothing to remove to get to it.
Of course, we also had to clean chokes and set points every few thousand miles too. Don't miss that part of it.