PCV Valve on 2002 8.1L

This may sound crazy, but is there a PCV valve on a 2002 8.1L and if so, where is it located?

The parts stores aren't showing a part number for it.

Thanks

Reply to
Kevin

Just did a bit of Google digging and found the following on a marine application:

"The Vortec 8100 is available in either base performance (375 horsepower) or high performance (415 horsepower). Both versions feature a coated cast aluminum intake manifold that is designed to optimize flow and includes an integral PCV system (a valve is not required)."

Is this the same for the 8.1L in the trucks? The reason for asking is my Dad is starting the process of asking why his 8.1L is using almost 3 qts. of oil over a 3K mile oil change?! We all know why, yup it knocks like a diesel, but of course Chevy is going through the excuse chain right now. They asked if the PCV valve has ever been replaced. He hasn't been able to locate it and like I said, a part number doesn't show. Tough to replace that which is integrated in the manifold if this is the case!!! Mine is doing the same piston knock at 17K miles and appears to be using about a quart of oil in 3K miles right now. His has been getting progressively worse with more miles than I have.

Any info will be helpful.

Reply to
Kevin