BREAKIN ??

My 2009 KIA shares the same ( 2.0 ) engine with the Hyundai line.
When cold, the engine sounds like a bucket full of marbles.
When it warms up, it runs "silent".
Is this common ? or should I press my dealer for warranty work ?
( there's about 6000 miles on the car )
On 1/21/2010 3:59 PM, <RJ> wrote:

Some noise is normal at start up when it's been sitting a little while. Oil hasn't quite made it through the whole engine yet. That being said, it should quiet down within about 30 seconds. Seems like the hyundai/kia engines are a little more noisy than most.

My 2006 Sonata GLS is very loud upon cold start-ups if I haven't driven the previous day. After about 30s it does quiet down, but it's pretty unnerving. My Hyundai dealership just told me there's a CPU recommended tweek that just came out,and that was (at least) supposed to "improve" things.

Has it done that since new? Only below a certain temperature now that winter is here? I'd want to hear one at the dealer's lot to compare and be sure of what you hear. May be normal, may not.