Hyundai v Kia

Thinking of obtaining another vehicle in addition to the 2002 Sonata LX. Anyone have any thoughts about comparing Hyundai to Kia? Price, features and hardiness are all important. Thanks.

Reply to
James

hyundai bought kia few years back, so i think that new models should be ok.. especialy sorento... ..

but if you drive hyundai... maybe its better to get new hyundai :-)

i aout familiy we have 5 hyundais from atoz to sonata and we get discount for regular service on cars cose we go to the same company :-)

Reply to
Andy

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like Kia and Hyundai have similar models and about the same warrantee. Our Sonata has been reliable to the point of being boring when compared to our Ford.

Reply to
James

Kia has more models. try buying a Hyundai wagon.

;-)

Reply to
nothermark

Indeed. Hyundai Elantra GLS/GT Hatch ;)

Reply to
Andy S

Reply to
demet

Is not a wagon. It's a hatch so it has a high liftover and a slanted back. I wish the Elantra wagon still existed as I have seen around in from previous years. Compare the current Elantra to the Kia Spectra if you need pictures.

;-)

Reply to
nothermark

I know, I own one. A Midnight Blue Elantra GLS hatch

Kia has a wagon or two in their stable. Nothing that I'd own, tho.

Reply to
Andy S

Reply to
Jody

Thanks for all the replies. So far I understand that Kia has more models but Hyundai drivers are very loyal. Any specifics on differences?

Reply to
James

Reply to
Jody

"James" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Alle new engines and chassis are made by Hyundai, and Kia comes "after" making a n usually good work of refinement in style and interiors; but the mechanic side is from former Hyundai models.

Reply to
Zotto