Decode VIN

I just purchased a 2002 Elantra and would like more info on car such as how large is the fuel tank. Can anyone tell me where there is a website that will display all of the original specs from the VIN number?

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob

This might help:

Also, Wikipedia has manufacturer-specific VIN code listings for some carmakers, but not Hyundai, as far as I can tell.

I'm pretty sure the size of the gas tank cannot be determined from the VIN for any car, though. The VIN gives the make, model, year, nation of assembly, body style, restraint/airbags systems, engine type and location of assembly plant.

The gas tank in an '02 Elantra holds 14.5 gallons, per MSN Auto:

Good luck.

ERM

Reply to
Eric