pls help me decode VIN for 97 pathfinder

I just purchased a 1997 pathfinder. My VIN number is:

JN8AR05Y9VW168320

Can someone with a service manual please help me decode the various elements of this VIN number?

I also need to get some touch up paint from the dealer. It is dark green (hunter green?) but I'm sure this color has an official Nissan name. can anyone tell me that name?

Thanks, Tim C.

Reply to
Tim C.

J - Country of origin - Japan N8 - Vehicle Type - Multi-Purpose (SUV) A - Engine Type - VG33E (3.3 liter, 6 cylinder) RO - Model/Series - Pathfinder

5 - Body Type - Cab and Chassis; Pathfinder; 4 door wagon Y- Four wheel drive 9 - Check Digit - Always 0-9 or X V - Year - 1997 W - Plant Code - Kyushyu, Japan 168320 - Serial number

The vehicle color code should be on the drivers door pillar sticker. The 1997 Nissan Green color was FN4

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
Tim C.