VIN decode problem on '66

Tried using the freeware on the internet and it keeps saying my build date is not acceptable. I even checked it on the build tag and it's correct. The tag reads like this:

6F07C720324 65A (blank paint code) 26 226 510065 6 1

I know what it all means except for the build date??

66 Coupe black standard interior, special paint, built in Dearborn with the C code 289 2V, unit # 720324. 3 spd manual tranny with 2.80 rearend., but whats the build date mean??? 226??

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Scott, with you VIN, you build date should be either 18G or 19G, which would place it at the 18th or 19th of July 1966. Double check your built date again to make sure it is not a typo on your door data plate (hey it happened).................

Bill S.

Scott Williams wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

My friend has in his '65 coupe date stamp that also cannot be decoded:

VIN is 65A P 29 300 95 15 5T07A146265

That 300 should be date code but it cannot be decoded. In my 1966 coupe date code is 07M which is December 07 1965

-Ari

Reply to
AK
5T07A146265 has a build date of 31Q which decodes as March 31st, 1965

Bill S.

AK wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

looks a lot like a julian calender date the 300th dfay of the year. but i don't remember them doing that back then. something smells fishy Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein

Seriously Bill, it says 226 for build date. I don't get it either?!?! Could it be a typo for 22G?

Scott Williams

Reply to
Scott Williams