dimmer switch for dash lights

how do I remove the old dimmer switch for the dash lights?

On 3/3/2014 1:18 PM, norm wrote:

Since you did not specify the model it is hard to give a detailed description. I'd start with a new blade in a Sawzall though. Cut around the switch to get it loose, then pull to reveal the wires in the back of it.
replying to Ed Pawlowski , norm wrote:

sorry I thought that I had mentioned it. The model is a 2007 santa fe.
You may be able to pry out the entire switch bank, but be careful doing thi s. Unless you've got something thin and wide (like a wide putty knive), it 'll be nearly impossible to do it without damaging the dash. Otherwise, yo u'll need to remove the left lower dash panel and release the switch from b ehind.