disconnect brake light switch from '96 Accent

Hello, Can anyone give me advice on how to disconnect the brake light switch from a '96 Accent? I have been under the dash for while now with a wrench and can't seem to get it off.
thanks, chuck
Ok, turns out that the switch is good. It looks like there was a circular plastic spacer with a tip in the center that would attach to the brake pedal and would make contact with the switch turning off the lights.
Anyone know a part number for this plastic spacer?
Thanks, Chuck
chuck wrote:

Your local dealer should be able to get you the part and number without any problem.