Door locked by itself - 2007 Sonata

Page 3 of 3
wrote in message

If I remember correctly, the issue with the Titanic was related to something opening - the hull - when it was preferred that that it didn't. The problem here is the inverse.
wrote in message

But they said it was unsinkable. The cause does not matter. It sank. You say it is impossible for a radio signal to overpower the receiver for the remote. How many times have you heard "can't happen" just before the crap hit the fan?

There's a difference between overpowering the receiver - high power RF radiating the electronics directly, inducing voltage in traces in the device - and some interfering source being misinterpreted as a valid sequence. You mentioned some kind of noise on the FM radio - the suspected source being the bank nearby. The receiver is constantly hearing signals on 315 Mhz that is ignores. Other remotes for cars, garage door transmitters, and just plain noise. The decoder needs at least three separate 64 bit encrypted sequences to be exactly correct. That just isn't going to happen, as I said in my original statement "There is NO WAY the receiver will mistake anything else for an authentic transmission". It is possible for a failure, or some kind of design defect in the receiver to randomly cause these lockouts to occur. Hitting an iceberg with the vehicle could result in the doors either opening, or sticking closed depending on a number of factors.

No. Hitting an iceberg with a vehicle would cause the vehicle to... sink.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I'd believe you, but life has proven that the most perfect system can fail. Ask any accident investigator.
There's a big difference in a negative failure and a positive failure.
--

"Edwin Pawlowski" < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message
news:nH5pj.54075$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

True, but they are both a failure.
Partner wrote:

What???
You're a smart guy, I'm sure you'll figure it out sooner or later.
--

"Matt Whiting" < snipped-for-privacy@epix.net> wrote in message
news:nKjpj.131$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net...
Partner wrote:

It is an erroneous statement so it isn't possible to figure it out as I can't read your mind.
There are false positives and false negatives, Type 1 and 2 failures also called Type I and II and sometimes called alpha and beta failures, but there are no positive and negative failures.
Matt