Driving without the A/C belt

I noticed that my 2001 Accent's A/C belt -- while not frayed -- has cracks in the rubber. Since this belt is behind 2 other belts, I don't think this
is where I would start if I wanted to learn how to change my own belts. I'm going to have my timing belt changed in a couple of months anyway, and have all the accessory belts replaced in the process. I would rather replace the A/C belt then. Is it safe to drive if the A/C belt breaks? Apart from the loss of A/C, would there be other issues that should make me paranoid about losing this belt on the road? Thanks.
Chris
If it only drives the A/C you have nothing to worry.

Surely what happens to the belt if it breaks would be more of a concern. If it was to break and come into contact with other moving parts then it could cause more trouble than it's worth.
Christopher Wong wrote:

Its a good idea to change the a/c belt at 60K miles along with the Timing Belt. It seems to wear much more quickly than the other two.