Follow-up to 04 Accent battery, why so few vendors?

As Raoul mentioned, Googling doesn't show many hits. AutoZone does carry it though. I went to Walmart and looked through the cross reference chart and discovered 121R as the size but none were listed
as available. Kragen, Sears, (Pep Boys site down but phoned them), same thing.
Why does such a common car have such a hard to find battery?

In the scheme of things, it is probably a low volume battery. Same with the Series 100 my Buick needs, very few places stock them and they start at $100 or $150 installed. (it is under the rear seat) Dealer is $200. Interstate is $200. Fortunately, they last a long time.