front end clunk in 2005 accent

I have a 3-door 2005 Accent with a manual transmission with 19000 miles. Since about 6000 I've been hearing a clunk in the front on the passenger side while going over washboard style bumps, broken pavement
or very shallow potholes. Sometimes it happens when I don't shift smoothly from 1st to 2nd gear. It sounds like someone hitting the control arm or strut with a rubber mallet. I've had it in the shop about 4 times now, for the noise, and they can't figure out what's wrong. They've said they made sure everything was tight, even retorqued the major nuts and still can't find the problem. I've even jacked it up and pushed and pulled and banged on things to see if I can find the source. Nothing...everything seems tight. Anyone have this problem or can point me in the right direction? It's really starting to irritate me because I can't track it down. I've read a service bulletin on Hyundai's website regarding a similar noise in the Azera that they've fixed by putting a washer in between the CV joint and the hub assembly...Could there be a similar problem with the Accent?
Any advise is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
dw wrote:

Have you checked to make sure the battery is well-secured?
No I haven't...That's a good idea...I'll check it and let you know.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

Because the noise occurs over washboard type pavement, I'd recommend paying particular attention to the sway bar links and bushings. That's exactly the circumstance when they tend to make the most noise if they're worn.