2004.5 Spectra with "clunk" in front end

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2004.5 Spectra (new style) w/60K miles )runs, drives great)

Recently noticed a clunk or a snap in the front end, sounds like it's coming from the passenger front wheel area. Only happens when I'm moving the steering wheel.

Took it to a local Midas, they drove it, heard the noise, and put it up on the lift.

They could not find anything. Checked under the hood, under the car, behind the wheels, nothing.

This is a reputable and competent garage, I've been taking cars here for years and they have always been reliable and honest, so I'm a bit concerned when they couldn't find anything.

Any ideas what this might be? A quick Google search reveals a recall for the 2005 Spectra tie rods, but not for the date range mine was manufactured

******** NHTSA Recall History

2005 Spectra: Defective tie rod could break, resulting in loss of steering and possibly a crash. Dealer will replace steering rack, which includes the tie rods

********

Could this be my issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim