Hyundai Accent fuel flap problem

Hi all,
Just pulled into a petrol station today, went to open the fuel flap and... nothing happened. The little lever by the driver's seat is not opening it. Anyone else had this problem? Easy to fix?
Many thanks
Simon Marshall
p.s. all replies to group please, my email is a spam trap.
I had the same problem on a Lantra. Mine was just a case of the cable stretching and then not pulling the catch back far enough to release the fuel flap. To open the flap, pull on the lever while someone else pushes the flap towards the front of the car and see if it will release. If it does its just a stretched cable; if not, there is an emergency release behind the internal trim panel which has to be removed. The emergency release is a nylon line attached to the catch directly which you just pull. I didn't fit a new cable, just packed out the catch with a couple of washers so it didn't have to withdraw so far to release the flap. It was a bit tricky to get at though; had to remove the internal trim panel and a seat belt mounting to gain access which was still rather restricted. Good luck !
It depends on what's wrong. If you need to adjust the door or replace the release lever, it's fairly simple. If you need to replace the cable, it's a bit more involved.