Hyundai accent - help required

Hi. I'm the new owner of a 1999 Hyundai accent. It's only got 21k on the clock, with little wear and tear, and has had a service every year, including a new timing belt last year but......it's starting to vibrate quite badly. It's noticeable at any speed, but particularly bad between

45 and 55 mph. It improves after that, and isn't too noticeable until I exceed 75mph, when it returns.

I'm a bit thick* when it comes to car fault diagnosis, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't see any damage to wheels or tyres, but with the previous statement in mind, I probably wouldn't see a problem if it was there.

*I'm being kind. for 'bit thick' substitute 'utter, utter moron'.

Thank you.

Reply to
gus

I may be wrong BUT it really sounds like a tire/balance problem they usually start right around 40 MPH give or take 2 or 3 mph. I would have ALL the tires checked and rebalanced then go from there

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

Reply to
FullCircleEquine

I'd vote for having the tires checked. With that kind of milage it sat a lot. Maybe for a year or 2 in one spot because somebody couldn't drive. Chances are pretty good the tires have a flat spot or belt problems. If they are the originals I would replace them based on age alone.

Reply to
nothermark