Hyundai accent - help required

Hi. I'm the new owner of a 1999 Hyundai accent. It's only got 21k on the clock, with little wear and tear, and has had a service every year, including a new timing belt last year but......it's starting to vibrate
quite badly. It's noticeable at any speed, but particularly bad between 45 and 55 mph. It improves after that, and isn't too noticeable until I exceed 75mph, when it returns.
I'm a bit thick* when it comes to car fault diagnosis, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't see any damage to wheels or tyres, but with the previous statement in mind, I probably wouldn't see a problem if it was there.
*I'm being kind. for 'bit thick' substitute 'utter, utter moron'.
Thank you.
I may be wrong BUT it really sounds like a tire/balance problem they usually start right around 40 MPH give or take 2 or 3 mph. I would have ALL the tires checked and rebalanced then go from there
Tunez

Hi Gus, When this happened to our Accent it was the front end, ball joints, that needed replacing. Granted it could be as simple as a rebalancing of the tires, but often the need for a rebalance is caused by something throwing it off balance first. Good luck
gus wrote:

I'd vote for having the tires checked. With that kind of milage it sat a lot. Maybe for a year or 2 in one spot because somebody couldn't drive. Chances are pretty good the tires have a flat spot or belt problems. If they are the originals I would replace them based on age alone.